Friday, October 18, 2013

October My Glam Bag

Hey guys! The other day my second My Glam Bag came in! For those of you who don't know what My Glam Bag is, it's a bag that you can pay ten dollars a month for and the team at ipsy.com picks select items to put in your bag based on your specific style. I was super excited for this bag, because this month's theme is Art of Beauty, and most of the products were all about natural beauty. So let's get started!

First is of course the bag itself. It was really simple this month, just white with a beauty quote on the front. It was really a simple design, but it really fit the theme for this month. 
The first thing I found in my bag this month were some oil-free face cleaning wipes by La Fresh. I have naturally oily skin and was really excited to try these out. They really absorbed the oil and my face looked and felt really clean after I used them. 
Next was some nail polish by Zoya. I think this one was my favorite from the bag this month. The color really reflected how I've felt this month, just really laid back and kind of different and outgoing! The color is gorgeous and I fell in love with it as soon as I took it out of the box!
This next item had some ups and downs. It is some Nourish Organic Coconut and Argan Body Lotion, which I was pretty excited to try because I'm a lotion person. Here's the flaw: it smells horrible. The second I squirted it out of the tube I cringed at the scent. I actually can't even describe it, it's just an odd scent. Odd can be good sometimes, but this certainly wasn't one of those times. Aside from the smell I liked it pretty well, it was moisturizing and made my skin soft. However, it wasn't above average in any way. This is definitely the flaw in my bag this month. 
Next is something I really liked. I've always had an obsession for lip products, so this was a highlight in my bag. This is some full-on lip polish by Buxom in the shade Dolly. The color was really nice, it gave a pretty and sophisticated color to my lips.  
The next item in my bag is some Sexy Hair blow dry voluming gel. My hair already has a lot of natural volume, but I decided to try this out anyway. It really didn't do anything for me but add to the list of products I use in my hair. It honestly didn't look any different than normal. Maybe it's just my hair, but it really just wasn't my thing. 
I guess that pretty much sums up My Glam Bag for this month! This bag had a couple downers for me, but also had some great highlights! For any of you that are interested in trying out your own My Glam Bag, go to ipsy.com and order your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment