Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pumpkin Sugar Hand Scrub

To me, one of the best things about fall are the smells. There's always something that smells amazing, and one of my favorite scents for this time of year is pumpkin. This yummy smelling scrub is perfect for this season or just to smell like fall all year round. 

Ingredients:
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin seed oil
Fragrance or essential oil

Of course the first ingredient to any sugar scrub is sugar. I just used plain white sugar that most people keep around the house. I usually choose to use sugar in my scrubs instead of salt because sugar is a lot easier on my skin. Salt makes your skin more raw so you can only use it on a weekly basis. By using sugar, I can use my scrub as often as I want to without worrying about damaging my skin. 
The unusual thing about this scrub is the oil. In this scrub I used pumpkin seed oil, which a lot of you probably haven't heard of. The main oil in most beauty products is coconut oil, so I've always assumed it was the best. I just happened to come across this oil while searching for recipes made from pumpkin seeds and decided to try it. Surprisingly, I got mush better results when I used the pumpkin seed oil rather than the coconut. I got my pumpkin seed oil from Bulk Apothecary, which is where I always get my beauty making materials. 
To scent my scrub, I used Sweet Pumpkin Cinnamon Fragrance oil, also from Bulk Apothecary. It combines two of my favorite fall scents, cinnamon and pumpkin, into a really rich, sweet scent. 
To make the scrub, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix them really well. You don't want any clumps where the oil sticks the sugar together. Once they're mixed, add your scent. Once you have your desired scent, try out your scrub! If it seems too oily, add more sugar. If it's too dry, add a little bit more oil. When your scrub has the perfect consistency, find something to store it in and try it out! Enjoy your silky smooth skin that smells heavenly!

1 comment:

  1. you can also use SALT with a bit Vinegar (natural bacteria Killer)

    ReplyDelete