Saturday, December 28, 2013

Eyeshadow or Eyeliner?

Since I started wearing makeup I've stuck to three types of eyeliner- liquid, gel, and the classic pencil. I never really thought about the fact that there was another, you know? I got some new Real Techniques eye brushes for Christmas and one of then was a pixel-point eyeliner brush. I Googled it and learned how to use my new brush for an entirely new approach to eyeliner using eyeshadow.
To do this you will need water, an eyeliner brush, and eyeshadow in the color you want your eyeliner to be in. All you have to do is wet your brush and dip it in your eyeshadow. Now apply it to your upper and lower lashline like you would with a pencil. The result is a smooth line that looks defined, but not harsh.
What I love about this method is the simplicity of it. It has the best coverage I've ever seen using eyeliner before and is very easy to apply. It also gives me a chance to try so many new colors with my eyeliner because I have just about every color under the sun in eyeshadow, but not in liner. Now I do! I tried this for the first time this morning when I went out for lunch and it has lasted all day without any need for reapplication. That's really saying something because my eyes water CONSTANTLY, so my eyeliner tends to smudge and fade a good bit throughout the day, especially on my bottom lid. But I have successfully made it past dinnertime looking as perfect as I did with I applied it this morning. Also it's incredibly easy to use on my lower lid. I always have a difficult time getting my lower liner to look perfect but this makes it easier to get that nice line on the bottom that we all want.

1 comment:

  1. I love the real technique brushes so fun. Great tutorial!
    xo
    Tiffy
    Blog: CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete