Thursday, January 23, 2014

Nail Routine

Hey guys! Nail polish is something all girls love. You'll even spot some of those non-girly girls sporting some fun colors every once in a while. The problem I've always had with nail polish is that it always comes off so soon. I've had my nails done at a salon and two days later they're already chipping. Everyone likes to go get their nails done sometimes, but regularly paying for a manicure that doesn't last doesn't sound like the best idea. I'm going to share with you my way of getting my polish to stay on for as long as possible. My polish is hardly ever chipped and the reason I take it off is usually because my nails are growing out. 
I start with a base coat. Base coats protect your nails from staining and also help the polish stay on longer. I've used Ulta's base coat for a long time and it's always been the perfect one for me. 
Next I apply my color polish. I know you always want to rush when applying polish, but don't. It'll actually save you time in the long run since you won't have to redo your chipping nail polish as much. Always be sure to apply two coats of your color polish or it'll be coming off in no time. The color in the picture is Daul by Zoya. Zoya is probably my all-time favorite nail polish brand, simply because it stays on for ages, has a beautiful color, and is easily applied. The color in the picture is so pretty, it's purple but has gold sparkles that glow when the light hits it. 
Finally we apply our top coat. I only use one coat on top because if you apply too many coats of polish on your nail it creates a thick layer that chips off easily. Carefully apply a even layer across each nail making sure to cover your entire nail. I use Ulta's top coat which has always been my favorite and gives long-lasting results. 

I hope this post helps you guys in your nail polish endeavors and good luck! 

1 comment:

  1. Those are great tips! I’m sure a lot of girls out there would learn from these. Putting on a base coat really helps the polish fade much slower, a procedure that is usually skipped by a lot of people. Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us, Mallory. All the best!


    Nathaniel Holt @ Detail Woman

    ReplyDelete