Thursday, February 13, 2014

Empty Chocolate Box DIY

Hey guys! Valentines day is only a day away, and I don't know about you, but I plan to spend it eating chocolate! Today my Grandmother gave me a mini box of Russell Stover chocolates and I looked at that cute little box and thought to myself, how can I let this go to waste? All of my chocolate boxes in the past have been thrown away, but I decided to try something new with this one.  I turned it into an earring box!

What You Will Need:
Empty chocolate box (size doesn't matter)
Adhesive paper (or regular paper and glue)
Black and red markers
Scissors
Glue
Paintbrush (optional)

Here's the before of my box.


To begin the changes to my box I took out my Adhesive paper and wrote "earrings" on it for the front.
Next I cut out my label and put it on the box over the Russell Stover label.
That's it for the outside. You could always add extra accessories to the outside, but I decided to keep mine simple. Next up isn't a required step, but I thought it would be a nice touch. I took the little white piece of paper that comes over the chocolate in the box and wrote a little snippet of a poem from the book Sparrow Road on it. I wrote it first in pencil, then went over that with black Sharpie. Then I took an old paintbrush and painted the back with glue and put it inside of the top of the box. If you don't want to use the paper from you box, you can use that adhesive paper for it or even just write on the inside of the box. You can also put pictures and quotes on it to make it special for you.
Now you can add your earrings to the inside! The little places where the chocolate goes are perfect for holding earrings.


This is such a simple tutorial that requires hardly any effort and gives you such a neat way to upcycle a chocolate box. You can use these for more than just earrings. They can be uses for spools of thread, buttons, beads, or anything small that you need a container for!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and have a great Valentines day tomorrow! Also be sure to like my Facebook Page for post updates, pictures, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment