Thursday, February 27, 2014

Lavender Ice Cream Body Scrub

Hey guys! A few weeks ago my six year-old cousin Landry came over to my house. She saw one of my homemade body scrubs sitting on my dresser and asked what it was. After smelling it (it was peppermint scented) she was dying to try it out. We used it on our hands and soon enough she was itching to make one herself. I grabbed some lavender essential oil and some Argan oil and headed to the kitchen to make this yummy scrub. 

This recipe is enough for about four uses. To make it you will need:
2 tablespoons of sugar
3/4 tablespoon of Argan oil
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2-3 drops lavender essential oil
To start off, combine your sugar and Argan oil in a small container. If your scrub seems too oily, add more sugar. If it's too dry, add more of your Argan oil. 
Now for your scent. I call this my lavender ice cream scrub because it smells just like vanilla ice cream and lavender. Add your vanilla extract and lavender oil until it smells like you like it. You can also change it up with different oils to suit your taste. And since I made this with a six year-old, we had to color it. She wanted purple so we added a drop of both red and blue to our mix. 
Stir in your color and you're finished! The color looked like a blueberry, which was pretty cool. That's it! Apply your scrub to your hands feet, or anywhere else! Rub it in for about twenty seconds and rinse it with water. It leaves your skin smelling delicious and insanely smooth, and don't worry about it staining your skin, because when you wash your scrub off, the color comes right off. Let me know if you try this scrub out and I hope you enjoyed this post! Remember, if a six year-old can do it, you can ;)

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. What a fab idea. I think I'm definately going to try it myself. I never even considered making my own scrub. Thanks for the tip!

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11040855

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great DIY body scrub, I love this kind of blogs. I really learned a lot from this. lavender is also good for a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete