Wednesday, March 26, 2014

New Orleans Day 1

Hey guys! Saturday was my first day in New Orleans, and it was  so great to be back! I came for the first time last year and have been dying to come back ever since. Every year me and my dad have a father-daughter trip, and we both love New Orleans so this was a perfect place!
We started our day off at Edgar's bakery for breakfast with blueberry and strawberry muffins. New Orleans is all about eating, so after the exhausting four-hour drive we ate at Juan's Flying Burrito where I got queso dip and a Gutter Punk Burrito that was bigger than my head. All of the places here are so unique, and this restaurant really proves that. It's a really retro, vintage place that was just as amazing as I'd remembered. 


After lunch we headed over to Sucrè for dessert. Sucrè is "an emporium of artisan sweets" in New Orleans that has everything from ice cream to macaroons. I got a s'mores skillet with red velvet ice cream and dad got a salted caramel cupcake and brown butter pecan ice cream. If you're looking for something rich to satisfy your sweet tooth, this is the place for you. 



We checked into out hotel after dessert, the Maison Dupuy. This hotel really screamed New Orleans. It has really classy, old-school finishings inside, and is just a really nice place to stay. We spent most of out time out doing things, but what time we spent at the hotel was really nice. We had a really pretty view of the courtyard below from the large window.



I'll have more New Orleans posts throughout the coming week, so look out for the next post! Like ChromoBeauty on Facebook at facebook.com/chromobeauty for the update to go straight to your newsfeed!

4 comments:

  1. I have never been to New Orlean but after this post I really want to!!The hotel is so nice and this place is full of food? I am totally in!! ;)
    Maria xox
    http://aresmar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you should go someday! It's my favorite vacation spot.

      Delete
  2. My wanderlust lives through you at the moment! New Orleans is definitely on my bucket list ;D Looking forward to your future posts! Safe travels.

    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    www.connect-the-cloths.com
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths/
    A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you make it there one day! Next New Orleans post coming tomorrow :)

      Delete