Thursday, April 24, 2014

Hair Product Guide: Sprays

Hey guys! I've had several friends ask me in the past about the difference between different hair styling products or which product to use for a particular style. I can't blame them. Going to shop for hair products can be a really confusing thing. On just one shelf you'll see hair spray, wax, paste, texturizing spray, gel, mousse, and so many more. My Hair Product Guide is a two-part series that will cover the two basic hair product groups- sprays and creams.
In part one we're going to cover the sprays. Sprays are certainly the easiest to use since all you have to do is spritz some on and Poof! Perfect style, right? That depends on if you're using the correct product.

The most common spray is the traditional hairspray, but why is it so popular? The reason is hairspray's versatility. It can be used for absolutely every style, but chances are that it won't have as much affect as a product that is designed for that particular style; however, one thing that hairspray is perfect for is frizz. If you have a spot that's getting a bit crazy, try spraying your hand with hairspray and calm the frizz down with that. It works like a charm every time. Every girl has that favorite can of hairspray, and mine is Garnier Fructis Style's Anti-Humidity Ultra-Strong Hairspray. If you want more information on this particular hairspray, check out my post on it from a while back here.
Next up is anti-frizz spray, also known as shine spray. These sprays give your hair a beautiful shine and are formulated to fight frizz all day. They've always seemed to me like the lightest spray I've ever used in my hair. My favorite shine spray is John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Glossing Mist. This stuff is truly amazing and has helped me out in many a pinch.
Texturizing sprays are used to add texture and a more relaxed look. Sea salt sprays fall into this category and are by far the most popular texturizing spray. These are used to obtain that perfect beachy wave. Texturizing sprays are also great for those out-of-bed styles. My favorite texturizing spray is Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Spray, which I use a lot when I don't have time to dry my hair because it looks amazing when you let your hair air dry with it in. I did a full review of this spray here.

Next is another common spray, heat protectant. Heat protectant is a must whenever you're using heat on your hair, whether it's a flat iron or a blow dryer. Heat can really damage your hair, and if you want to keep your soft, gorgeous hair, don't slack on it. My favorite heat protectant is Not Your Mother's Beat The Heat Thermal Styling Spray.

Leave in conditioner is another of my favorite sprays. This comes in a spray as well as a cream, and I love both of them. The spray is very lightweight like the shine spray and has so many benefits. It adds shine (not as much as the shine spray, but it helps), softens, protects, and helps reduce frizz. I use a spray and cream leave in conditioner every day, and the spray one is B. The Product's Leave It In. This stuff is fantastic, and if you'd like to see my full review, check it out here
That sums up the main hair sprays! Keep an eye out for the creams post in a few days, and like my Facebook page to get the update in your newsfeed!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing.

    Many of us don’t realize how important hair sprays are when it comes to hair care. They are also important to keep your hair styles fixed at a place. Different types of hair needs different kinds of hairsprays. The hair shine sprays are specially formulate to provide a natural super glam shine to hair. Get a creative hair spray for shine from online store HairGia and use it to achieve a silky feel for all hair types.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have read your blog and I got a useful information from this blog. Thanks for sharing, keep posting.

    Styling Spray

    ReplyDelete