Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Trip To An Amish Village

Hey guys! Last weekend I went on a mini one-night vacation with my parents, grandparents, and brother. We did quite a few things, but one really interesting thing we did was visit an Amish village in Tennessee. These people sell their goods from their own homes that they make themselves. There is a guided wagon tour that takes you by some of the houses that have the largest variety of items for sale, but we decided to just drive around for ourselves.
They don't allow people to take their pictures because a passage in the Bible states "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the Earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth." Amish people see getting their picture taken as breaking that commandment, so I don't have several pictures of what it was like. 
It's pretty baffling to see them living their lives without all of the things we have here. No electricity, no cars, no anything. They travel in horses and buggies and farm their own food.


One of my favorite shops was run by a girl that was about my age, and she allowed me to take some pictures of her shop. She was selling soap, candles, essential oils, and lotions. I actually picked up a few fantastic items myself! 




I got two of their hand lotions and two essential oils. I was so shocked at the prices of these essential oils. They smell fantastic and only cost five dollars per bottle! The size was perfect for the price and well worth it! I got lotions in the scents Cucumber Melon and China Rain and essential oils in Berry Christmas Summerberry and Peaches N' Cream.

If you're in Tennessee looking for a unique experience, this is well worth your time. It's located at 4001 Hwy. 47 North Ethridge, Tennessee, 38456. You can also find fresh baked goods, beautiful furniture, and so many more unique items. I would definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment