Saturday, May 10, 2014

Gigi's Strawberry Month

Hey guys! All of my readers know I have a weakness for sweets,, especially cupcakes. Today after dinner I took a trip to Gigi's Cupcakes with my father and saw in the window that Gigi's was celebrating their national Strawberry Month! I love strawberry cake, so I rushed in to see the selection. The cupcakes featured this month are Strawberry Shortcake, Miss Princess, Strawberry Margarita, Strawberry Lemonade, Strawberry Love, Strawberry Champagne, and Chocolate Covered Strawberry. They're running a special that lasts until May 15th where you can get 2$ off a four-box of strawberry cupcakes, so hurry and grab yours!
I'd just eaten dinner and was just with my dad, so we didn't really need a four pack. I got their Strawberry Love cupcake, which is just their strawberry cake with fresh strawberries baked inside topped with chocolate buttercream icing. I have to say, my favorite part of this cupcake was the icing. The chocolate was delicious and the texture was perfect. The strawberry cake was good, but I've never been fond of berries baked into cakes. Overall a good cupcake.
My dad got the Strawberry Margarita cupcake, which I had to sample, of course. I actually preferred this cupcake. The cake itself was amazing, and the strawberry buttercream icing was perfect. The flavors blended perfectly, and it was delicious.
Let me know which cupcakes you decide to try and how you like them! Be sure to follow ChromoBeauty on Facebook at facebook.com/chrombeauty for post updates, unseen pictures, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment