Thursday, June 5, 2014

My Summer Hairstyle

Hi guys! Today's post is a bit of a surprise. I've been looking through endless pictures of haircuts and colors for the past couple of months because I decided to dye my hair for the summer! Yesterday I went in and had my hair dyed... Drumroll please... Purple! It was a shock to everyone, but I ended up loving it! I've never dyed my hair before, but I am so glad I did because I think it looks amazing. Here are my weird little before and after car selfies.
Before
After
I absolutely love it. It really shows some personality and is such a fun color! Another drastic change was the cut. My once crazy thick hair is now layered. Tons of layering. I love the extremely light feeling, and it's so easy to manage! It doesn't mess up easily and requires very little upkeep. The only flaw is that I got semi-permanent dye. Since this was my first time coloring my hair, I wanted to make sure I liked it before making that commitment. That's actually a bit of a blessing though since my school doesn't allow unnatural hair colors. Here are my oh-so attractive pictures during the dying.
The biggest shock wasn't to me, it was to my grandparents. They freaked out. The reason I didn't try this last year is because I was afraid that they would hate it, so I decided to wait and surprise them. They literally thought it was a wig and refused to believe me until they'd had a tug on it to make sure. They don't particularly like it to say the least, but the rest of my family and friends loved it!


I had it done at Salon Visions in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and it was SO inexpensive. They only charged me $50 for a fantastic job, and it was exactly what I wanted. Super happy!

5 comments:

  1. I love this color too!! It suits you perfectly!! Amazing colour..I will keep that colour in mind next time I dye my hair!! :D Thanks for sharing!!
    Maria xox
    http://aresmar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Talk about a drastic change! The color looks pretty on you, so it doesn’t matter if other people didn’t like it. What’s important is you’re happy, and you got exactly what you wanted. Cheers!

    Sadie Montgomery @ Hoshall's Salon & Spa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, but I’m a little biased. Every time I see that layered hairstyle of Rose Byrne, I just can’t help but moon over it. :D What did you get, anyways? Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'll take that as a good thing XD I just got some heavy layering and a purple-brown semipermanent dye.

      Delete