Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sweet Strawberry Summer Scrub

Sweet strawberry summer scrub, sweet strawberry summer scrub, sweet strawberry summer scrub... it's a bit of a mouthful. A very delicious mouthful no doubt, because every one of those words are some of my favorites. My dad is planning to make a strawberry cake sometime this week, and I saw the bottle of strawberry extract just sitting on the counter, and I started thinking. Have I ever done an all-extract scrub with no essential oils? This recipe is fantastic for your skin, and it's nearly impossible to use without allowing yourself a taste, and most especially, a smell.

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (I always get mine from Bulk Apothecary)
2 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
1/8 Tsp Strawberry Extract
1/8 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Start off by finding a small bowl to make your scrub. This recipe is only enough for a few uses, so if you're planning on whipping up a batch that'll last you a while, you should definitely use larger quantities. Go ahead and add your coconut oil and sugar, and mix them until you have a consistency you're happy with. My recipe is for my personal preference because I don't like my scrubs very oily, but tons of people love a more oily texture, so feel free to mess around with the ingredients until you've found a consistency you're happy with. It's always a good idea to test your scrub out before moving on to the next step to make sure you're happy with it.
Now it's time to add your extracts. This recipe has a more prominent, fresh scent, but if you like more subtle scents, go for it! Add more or less strawberry or vanilla until you've got the perfect scent. These oils also add the perfect color!

The scent is fantastic, and the result is a smoothing scrub that leaves your hands feeling refreshed. The color is so cute, and packaged in a cute jar with a label, this makes a wonderful gift for your friends and family. Just get a bit in your hand, rub it in well all over your hands, and rinse with water. Perfect!
Make sure to follow ChromoBeauty on Facebook for my next tutorial, and let me know if you tried this recipe or have any questions in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment