Friday, July 4, 2014

From Purple to... Ginger? My Color Oops Experience

Surprise! I'm no longer a purple-head. The color had started to fade slightly these past few weeks, and honestly, I felt ready to go back to my natural blonde. I spent Wednesday night flying through my go-to hair advice website, haircrazy.info, looking for ways to remove hair color faster. Eventually, I came across Color Oops.
Color Oops is a really unique product because it not only removes permanent and semi-permanent hair color, but it's gentle enough that your hair can be redyed the same day! I wasn't redying my hair, but it really was a gentle product. I expected to have really brittle hair afterwards, similar to post-swim hair, but it actually felt pretty normal. However, there were three downsides to using this product. 
1. It's very time-consuming. It comes with two bottles of product, which you combine to saturate your hair with. After your hair is fully coated, you put on a shower cap and let it sit to work its magic for twenty minutes. Then you shampoo it out and rinse your hair for a full 15-20 minutes before shampooing and conditioning again. 
2. The smell. I noticed this in every single review of this product and thought, "How bad can it be?" The answer is, it can be bad. Very bad. And it lingers. After I used the product, my bathroom still had the horrid smell the next morning. My hair did, too, but not as bad as the bathroom. It's pretty awful. 
3. I really wouldn't have minded the first two flaws if the product had fully removed the color. Yes, it isn't purple anymore. It's far from purple. It's ginger now. Yep, you heard me. Mallory's a ginger! I'm a very adventurous person when it comes to my hair, but I really would've preferred to go back to blonde. That isn't to say that the ginger looks bad, because it doesn't, it just isn't blonde. Honestly, I'm a bit glad in some respects. I've always wondered what I'd look like as a ginger. I just didn't expect that day to be so soon!
I expect the color to come out fully soon, especially since I'm planning on swimming and going to the water park a lot now that my schedule has opened up this summer. Chlorine may not be good for your hair, but it's a master at removing color. I expect it to be gone in a few weeks.
Before
After
Overall, I don't give this product a bad rating because it really did get the purple out, but not fully. This product isn't made for really unnatural colors, so for what it is, I was happy.
I'd also like to give a shout out to all of my fellow Americans on the Fourth of July! This is a really happy day for my country, and I'm glad I'm here to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment