Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Volunteering at a Bargain

Hey guys! One of the main things I've been doing to keep myself busy this summer is volunteering. I've been working with a class of second graders at my local elementary school eight hours a week this past month, and I've loved every minute of it. I've been volunteering here for two or three years now, and it's so much fun helping out with this age group since I love children. Sadly, yesterday was the last day of the summer program as well as the program as a whole at the school I live near, so it was my last time being able to volunteer there.

For my last day, I decided to wear a top I'd just gotten from Plato's Closet. I normally don't shop there, but it was next to a restaurant me and my friend Desiree went to the other night, and we decided to check it out. I got this at a real bargain at only three dollars in the clearance section, and it was a great buy! It was a Charlotte Russe top in perfect condition, and it fit me perfectly. Paired with jeans, it gave off a really sophisticated vibe while still keeping the look fresh.


One of the main reasons I decided to purchase this top was for the back. I went in looking for an open-back top, and I totally fell in love with this one. I paired it with a half-up French braid, which I was a bit nervous about since I'd never tried one before, but I really like it! I'll certainly be sporting this hairstyle more often. I'm actually considering doing a tutorial on it in the near future, so keep an eye out for that!


1 comment:

  1. I also have this innate love for children! I love the innocence in their eyes and how shallow happiness means for them. Also, good luck with what you're doing! Hope you make more people happy. ♥

    Check out my post about how I loved wearing jumpsuits at: http://lilmissbianca.blogspot.com/2014/06/cruise.html

    ReplyDelete