Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Claire's Temporary Hair Color Fail

Last Saturday, Me and my friend Sky were messing around at the mall being crazy teenage girls. We decided to go in Claire's to look around because Claire's always has some fun little inexpensive thing to do. We found some temporary hair dye that looked pretty promising, so we grabbed a bottle of the blue dye and headed home to try it out.
The six dollar price tag probably should've been a hint, but I tried it out first on a piece near the bottom of my head. The instructions said to apply the dye to the portion of your hair you wanted to color and to let it dry. The goopy substance didn't show up whatsoever on my brown hair, but putting that aside, I wouldn't have liked it if it had showed up because of the horrible texture of my hair once the dye had dried! My hair felt hard, sticky, and gross even when it had fully dried. No matter how much I brushed my hair, it stuck together and wouldn't budge. It felt and looked like your hair does after a long swim in chlorinated water- tangled, brittle, and the opposite of what healthy hair should look and feel like.
I give this product the lowest rating possible. The product didn't do what it was supposed to and left me wanting to wash my hair instantly. Talk about a fail! Thank goodness it was only temporary and washed out in one wash! Have you tried another brand of temporary hair dye that you like? Let me know in the comments below!

3 comments:

  1. manic panis is the only way to go for me !

    thank you for sharing :)

    xoxo,
    Dee
    Slumber Talk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually considered trying Manic Panic recently! I went purple over the summer, but I used semi-permanent dye from a salon that didn't fully come out, so I'd like to try Manic Panic. I've been wanting to ask someone, how do the dyes sit on unbleached hair? Will you still get a good result?

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOD TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH UGH I GOT THE DYE IN RED AND ITS HORRIBLE!!! NOT TO MENTION IT TANGLES UP MY HAIR AND MAKES IT SO HARD TO BRUSH OUT.

    ReplyDelete