Thursday, September 18, 2014

Throwback Thursday to the 90's!

Hey guys! It's homecoming week at my school, and today's theme was Throwback Thursday. I wanted to pick a decade that was really unique but still chic for the present-day. I decided to go for a 90's look that captured the grunge of a 90's teenager while mixing it with today's fashions.

I started this look with a graphic tank. This came from Forever 21, and I love the old-school vibe and, of course, the fact that it has the Avengers! Tanks were huge in the 90's, especially ones with fun graphics, so I felt like this was a good way to start the look.
Next, I layered the tank with an army-green jacket from Wet Seal. This is one of my favorite jackets because I love the color and laid-back style it adds to any outfit. You saw a lot of army-style jackets in the 90's, so I took that color and mixed it with a modern-style jacket to put my own twist on the look.

One of my favorite parts to this look are my Top Moda combat boots that I ordered from Amazon. I've been looking for an excuse to break out these shoes for ages, but the summer weather just hasn't given me an opportunity until now! Combat boots are one of the best parts of 90's fashion, and they're really trending right now, too! To complete the look, I added some light-wash skinny jeans from Wet Seal. I usually wear darker jeans, but I'm really liking this look, so I'd like to start incorporating them into my daily outfits more often!


That's it for my Throwback Thursday! I really like this outfit for any day, and now that I've done some research on 90's fashion, I'm thinking I might like to try out some more ideas I've found! 

I'd like to end this post with a question for you: What's your favorite style decade? Are you digging trends from the 70's or 80's, or do you prefer to keep your style in 2014? Drop a comment below telling me how you're rocking styles from any decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment