Sunday, September 28, 2014

Getting Ready For Fall With Chelsea!

Hey guys! It feels like forever since I've done a colab post with one of my fellow bloggers, so today Chelsea from Chowing Down At The Bay and I are going to give you some pointers for transitioning from your carefree summer clothes to your warm, winter wardrobe! I'm going to hand over the floor to Chelsea and so she can give you her inspiring ideas for your fall look!


Fall Transitions & Trends

By Chelsea Marrs 
http://www.chowdownbythebay.blogspot.com 


If there's one thing I know about dressing for seasons, it's that you have to be prepared for anything. Though it's technically fall in Boston now, this weekend's temperatures were up to 80 degrees Fahrenheit!  

I had to think ahead to dress for the weather while still showing off some of the cute fall trends that are big this year. I made sure my outfit was centered around my newest favorite plaid skirt and black booties! 
Top & Skirt: H&M 
Booties: JustFab.com 
Purse: Target 
Wooden Wayfarers: San Franpsycho 
I'm absolutely obsessed with the bright red that shone from the skirt. It had navy and black in it as well, so it can easily be worn with different colors. Today I paired it with a fun black ruffle top and black felt booties. 
Had it been cooler, I would have made sure to wear some dark grey stockings with this outfit to protect my legs. In the sun, they're not needed and the outfit still worked perfectly! 
I love the bronze button detail on these boots. They're pretty comfortable too! 
Look what I found! Yes, I'm drinking out of a coconut in my fall outfit!  

Boston and New England weather is known for it's schizophrenic nature - cold one day, summer temps the next. So you really have to be on your toes, checking the weather every morning and dressing accordingly. Luckily, it's not too difficult to stay cool while keeping your fall style! How do you rock this season's fall trends? 


To see out my post on summer-to-fall transitions, check out the post on Chelsea's blog here!

No comments:

Post a Comment