Monday, September 1, 2014

Matte Nail Polish DIY

Hey guys! I was thinking earlier this week that it's been way too long since I've done a DIY post, and I've decided to turn that around! It's mani Monday, and today I decided to DIY my own matte nail polish in one of my favorite colors, turquoise.
This is a really easy DIY, and It doesn't take too much time to do. All you need is a toothpick or wooden stirrer, cornstarch, parchment paper, and nail polish (I used a shade by Zoya). Put some cornstarch and nail polish on the parchment paper and mix them together with the stirrer or toothpick. Don't make it too thick, or it won't spread across your nail smoothly. You don't want clumpy polish.


Apply the polish to each nail. I had to use two coats on my nails because the color wasn't dark enough with one coat since it was mixed with the cornstarch.
Once you finish, make sure it dries completely. The color and matte effect won't show fully until they're dried. It'll give you a really neat, matte look that's fun and unique.

That's it for this DIY! I hope you guys liked it, and let me know how this works for you in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment