Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Macabre Makeup Comic Book Tutorial

It's time for day three of my Macabre Makeup series! Today's tutorial is the comic book character tutorial, and this is just the basic foundation for a comic book look. This can easily be altered to to fit a certain character from your favorite comic book. If you do try out this look or any Halloween makeup look, remember to include the tag #MallorysMacabreMakeup to have your masterpiece shared with my followers and, for my favorites, posted to my blog!




  1. Begin by applying your face makeup routine as usual and choosing a bright eyeshadow pigment. I chose blue because it's one of my favorites and shows up well. Really cake this on as we're going for a really artificial look here.
  2. Now apply the lines to your face with black eyeliner. I did mine first in pencil and then went back over it in liquid since the pencil wasn't as defined as I'd have liked, These go around the face, at the top of the nose, and on the cheek. I also applied some on the eyes to make them more pronounced. 
  3. Now for the dots! Using white face paint and the end of a small makeup brush, put the white dots all over your face. Try to keep them as close as you can to equal distance apart to keep with the artificiality of the look.Add a bold lip color, and you're done! 

I was really happy with this look, especially since it is only three steps! Another great thing about this look is that it can be adapted to fit any comic book character!

Today's featured #MallorysMacabreMakeup artist is Val from @_valeriesoto! She shows us an easy-to-do cat look with defined eye makeup and bold lips. Thanks for sharing, Val! To have your look featured in my Macabre Makeup series, simply tweet a picture of your favorite makeup creation you've done with the tag #MallorysMacabreMakeup. I'm retweeting ALL submitted photos and will be posting my favorites throughout the rest of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment