Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September Favorites

Today is the first day of October, one of my favorite months of the year. But before we take on this new month, I'd like to do a September favorites post! It's been ages since my last monthly favorites post because there has just never seemed to be room for it in the schedule, but that's changing today!
My September beauty favorite is Maybelline's Great Lash clear mascara. I've had this for a while but never really used it, but as I've recently been trying more natural makeup looks to match my more casual style, and this has kept my lashes looking long and full without the drama of regular black mascara. The formula is long lasting, and it's very light on your lashes. 
Next on my favorites list this month is my favorite haircare product. This month I've been using Organix's Brazilian keratin therapy shampoo and conditioner, and I absolutely love them. The shampoo is really light and smells fantastic, and the conditioner leaves my hair feeling silky and nourished. This has been my go-to shampoo and conditioner all month!
Next up I have my favorite accessory of September. This is a wristlet I got from Charlotte Russe earlier this month when I couldn't find my other wristlet, and I'm glad I did! It has several pockets for easy access to gift cards, coupons, and credit cards, and it has roomy compartments for things like cash and, of course, a spare lip gloss!

Next up is my favorite read of the month! I know I'm a bit late reading this, but it's the prequel to the Divergent series, Four, by Veronica Roth. I was absolutely obsessed with the Divergent series when it came out, and I was so happy to see this sitting on the shelf at Sam's! I started reading it on the ride home and couldn't put it down until I'd finished it two hours later. Yep, that was how I spent my Sunday! Even though you know a lot of Tobias' backstory by reading the Divergent series, this shed a new light on him that made a very interesting read. I also liked the added scenes in the back of the book that showed scenes from Divergent in his perspective.

Lastly for today's favorites list is my music favorites! My favorite music this month has been Gerard Way's new album, Hesitant Alien. Gerard Way was the lead singer of one of my favorite bands, My Chemical Romance, until their breakup in 2013. Now he's back with another fantastic album that I have been listening to nonstop! I also posted a full album review over on the Glitter Diaries, so be sure to check that out here!
That's it for my September favorites! I've used some fantastic products this month, and I'm so excited for October! If you've tried any of these products or have any product recommendations that you think I should try this month, drop a comment below!


For those of you who don't know yet, I've recently been selected as a blogger for The Glitter Diaries, a lifestyle blog that discusses fitness, style, books, and much more! I've been writing mainly book reviews for them so far, but soon I intend to post on other categories as well, such as music and style! 

No comments:

Post a Comment