Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Day in the Life of Mallory

Hey guys! As a high school student as well as a blogger, I have quite a busy schedule on the weekdays. My goal is to develop a schedule that allows me to balance everything as easily as I'd like, but there are still days that completely overwhelm me in terms of getting everything done on time. Here's how I'm spacing out my time to make some time for myself as well as my blog.
6:20-
Wake up to my alarm, Sleepwalking by Bring Me The Horizon (awesome song), and sit in bed for at least ten minutes checking social media before I get up and get ready to start my day.

7:25-
Dad is so picky about when we leave the house in the morning, and if I'm not out the door by 7:25 he's pestering me to hurry up and leave. He drives me to school and drops me off, and I go to the courtyard and find my friends to talk to until class starts.

3:06-
When I get out of school, Mom picks me up and drops me off at home so she can go pick up my little brother at the middle school. I usually come in, find something to eat, and get started on the next day's post. I also go ahead and get most of my chores over with at about this time.

5:00-6:00
We eat pretty early compared to most families, generally anywhere from 4:00 to 5:30. Dad's an amazing cook, and he always makes something pretty awesome for dinner. Dinner always lasts about an hour since we find something to watch at every meal (right now, we're re-watching the Star Trek Next Generation series).

6:00-7:00
I'm usually either working on my weekly post for theglitterdiaries.com at this time or on social media networking.

7:00-8:00
At seven, Dad usually wants to watch something with me. We have a little tradition of watching Masterpiece shows together whenever there's a new season on, and when there isn't a season or two to watch, we can always find something new on Amazon Prime.

8:00-9:00
When I have time, I like to spend this time on Twitter chats. On most nights, I don't have time for these since I prefer to shower at night rather than in the morning, and there isn't much time left in my night to fit that in.

9:00-10:00
On Monday nights right now, this time is spent live-tweeting the new episode of ABC's series Castle. When this series is over, I'll probably use it as a chance to fit in another Twitter chat and/or more writing time.

10:30-
My day ends at 10:30 every night so I can get enough sleep to do it all over again the next day :)

As you can see, nearly every single hour of my night is usually accounted for. It's not always in the same order, but everything needs to get done at some point, and you have to find a schedule that works for you. How do my fellow bloggers keep up with their busy schedules, and if you aren't a blogger, what tasks keep pushing your schedule? Let me know how you deal with it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment