Monday, November 3, 2014

NYX Brand Review

For day two of the 12 Days Of Blogging Challenge, I'm reviewing one of my favorite makeup brands, NYX. The first NYX product I found was their Love in Paris Madeleines and Macaroons eyeshadow palette. I was checking out at Ulta, and since the line was extremely long, I was looking at the stands up front by the registers with little bits and bobs from assorted brands. This particular palette caught my eye since I'd been looking for a compact palette to take with me when I'm staying overnight with friends and family, and since this palette fit easily in my purse, I decided to try it. This was nearly a year ago, and this palette continues to be my daily makeup palette.
Another favorite from them is their slim eye pencil. I was looking for a statement eye color one day and came across this liner in teal. It struck my fancy, so I decided to try it out. The color was actually really pretty, and since I wear a fair bit of teal, it went with several outfits I wore. The color was long-lasting and gorgeous.
From top to bottom these colors are teal, electric blue, baby pink, baby blue, moss, and copper.
To complete my love for NYX is another Ulta purchase. I had one of their $3 off $10 coupons from their sale paper, and the mascara I was buying was only seven dollars, so naturally I had to find something else to get my total over ten. I decided on a butter gloss from NYX in the shade Peaches and Cream. This proceeded to become my favorite lip gloss to date, and I also received the same gloss in the shade Apple Strudel in an ipsy bag! I use one of these two glosses nearly every day in my makeup routine because of their amazing color, great moisturization, and long lasting qualities.
Apple Strudel
Peaches and Cream
Since I bought these products, I've been completely hooked on NYX. I even used their translucent powder in my Macabre Makeup tutorials last month! Have you ever tried a product by NYX? What's your favorite makeup brand?

To participate in the 12 Days of Blogging Challenge, check out this post on day one. Tomorrow is day three: Quote of the Day. Don't miss it!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen NYX products before but haven't bought any. I might just have to get this eyeshadow palette!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sister loves NYX but I only have one product from them: pump it up lip plumper in Elizabeth, which I love. I haven't been to Ulta in forever. It's so sad because I love going there and they have such great deals on their Ulta brand beauty products. I definitely check out what's in the little stands up front while I'm in line to check out too!

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete