Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Quote of the Day

Today's blogging challenge topic is Quote of the Day. I have several quotes that I love, but one of my favorites is this one about dreams by C.S. Lewis:

"You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream"


I love this quote because it recognizes that each and every day, we are setting new goals, whether we know it or not. It may be to pass a math test later this week or to make time for family, but everything you decide to do that won't just happen on its own is a goal. Just because you've conquered one big goal that took years to finish doesn't mean you're done and have served your purpose. You will continue to have goals throughout your entire life.

Dreams are a bit bigger than goals. They're the things you have to really work for. My dream is to make a living one day as a blogger. Do I know it will take work? Of course. Do I know that it will come true? Definitely not. But every time I sit down to write a post, I know that I'm working as hard as I can to make my dream come true. Dreams give you a reason to wake up in the morning. They give you motivation and a purpose in life. Where would we be as a species if everyone just stopped dreaming? The answer is, we wouldn't be.

If you'd like to take the 12 Day Blogging Challenge, head over to my day one post to check out the list of topics. Tomorrow is day four, List a Top Five. Don't miss it!

1 comment:

  1. I also think dreams are bigger than goals. My dream is to make a good amount of money from blogging and my digital art. Would be so cool if both our dreams came true! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete