Friday, November 7, 2014

The Blood Of Olympus

Anyone that knows me can tell you that I'm a VERY avid reader. I've always got a new book in my lap that I'm trying to finish, so today's post topic, "What Are You Reading?" is perfect for me. I know I write book reviews for another blog, theglitterdiaries.com, but every once in a while, I like branching out here on ChromoBeauty as well. I just finished reading the final book in the Heroes of Olympus series, the Blood of Olympus.
My schedule has been absolutely packed lately, so all of my reading has been spent solely in my English classes when I finish work early. Because of this, I finally ended this novel yesterday, which I started in early October. Besides the fact that I haven't had much time to indulge my reading cravings as of late, I took so long to finish the final addition to this series because it simply wasn't as good as its predecessors. I've been a Rick Riordan fan for ages, and I've come to expect the best from his books, but this one was missing several elements that I've come to love in his books. He switched the narrators on me to characters that I didn't like as much, and the raw emotion in his past work didn't seemed to show as much in this novel.

Although I don't like these narrators as much, it has helped me appreciate these characters more than I did in prior books. The story is well thought-out, and he did a tidy job of tying all of the loose ends together, which is very important to me since I hate having loose ends left at the end of a series.

Overall, the book was good, but not as good as I expected. I'm still sad to see this series end as I've been loving these characters since they first appeared in the Percy Jackson, but I'm happy with the series as a whole. Have any of you read this series? How did you like Rick's ending?

No comments:

Post a Comment