Sunday, November 2, 2014

Why Do You Blog?

Why do you blog?

When I began blogging, it was because I admired the blogs of other women that I followed. I admired their courage to post whatever they wanted without worrying about the criticism they would get from others. Their name had a meaning in this world, whereas mine was just empty words floating in space. Nobody knows who Mallory Brown is. She could be anyone. But as time went on, mattering meant so much less to me. My reason for blogging changed completely.

Today, I blog because it's what I love. Yes, it can be an absolute pain having to squeeze a post out on a day where writing is at the very bottom of my priority list, but on the inside, I love it. I love having the responsibility of writing every night when I get home, and I love feeling that what I'm writing matters. Even if only a small group of people are reading it, that group is reading something that I can be proud of. They're reading a post that took me hours to shoot photos for and get written, and seeing people actually care about what I write is honestly a reward in itself.

Five Random Facts About Me:

  1. I adore art, and not just what I create. I love art museums, reading about famous artists, and even just checking out my friends' sketchbooks.
  2. I'm a huge modern metal/ punkrock music fan. My favorite bands are Bring Me The Horizon, Black Veil Brides, and The Amity Affliction.
  3. My favorite movie is Sweeney Todd.
  4. I'm a serious reader. My favorite book series is Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
  5. My daily perfume is Endless Euphoria by Calvin Klein 
Over the next twelve days, I will be participating in Amy from stylestorms.blogspot.com's 12 Day Blogger Challenge. Each day, I will be posting from the list of topics in the image below. Any blogger can participate in the challenge, just follow the guidelines below!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I was a reader... I don't read much at all (besides blogs haha) but I really should!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am definately going to do this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way (in regards to loving the feeling that what I'm writing matters even if it's only a small group reading).

    I am going to have to check out that perfume. I haven't found the right perfume for me yet lol I'm ridiculous.

    Can't wait to read all of these upcoming blog posts!

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete