As children, we all associated Christmas with candy. With visions of sugar plums dancing in our heads, we would run to our stockings on Christmas morning to see what surprise treats Santa had left for us. We may not still get stockings full of candy anymore, but candy is still a major aspect of Christmas, and for day three of #25DaysOfGlam, I'm showing you how to treat yourself to the sweetest mani around!
To recreate this sugary look, you'll need:
Base coat (optional)
Colorful nail polish
|Before Top Coat|
- The first step is to paint your nails with the base coat and main color. Unless you just want to, there's no real reason to add more than one coat since you'll have a layer of sugar going over it!
- Next, you'll need to add a top coat to one nail only and pour sugar over it. It's essential to do this to one nail at a time to prevent the top coat from drying since that's what holds the sugar!
- For the rest of your nails, you can dip them in the remains of the sugar you used on that first nail as not to waste sugar.
- Finally, you can go over your finished mani with a final top coat. You could go without that final top coat, but it definitely won't last for long.
- Enjoy your super sweet mani!