Monday, December 29, 2014

Going From Brown To Purple Hair

As some of you know from my most recent OOTD, I've changed hair color yet again! Most of you remember my reddish purple color from this summer that I didn't keep for long due to the fact that I didn't think my school would allow me to have colored hair:
After I took that color out, I dyed it a light brown color, but when school started, I found out that I actually could have colored hair! I couldn't wait to get my purple back, and this time, I wanted to go more of a vibrant purple. I waited until Christmas break and went to have it done. Here's the before:
And here's the after!
I didn't bleach it at all and just dyed over the brown with Pravana Vivids in Violet. I intended to have it all done purple, but the lady that did it dyed the top half with the purple, but when she was mixing the color for the bottom half, she accidentally grabbed teal! We didn't realize what had happened until she had shampooed the color out and dried it, and I was really unhappy with the color mix-up, so to fix it, she mixed up a red color to dye over it. She thought the red would make the color look more like a dark purple. Sadly, that didn't work, so I'm pretty much stuck with a sort of ombre purple and blue color. Although I hated the teal at first, I did end up getting used to it, and I'm pretty happy with it now. But next time, I'm definitely going to remind her what color to grab before she dyes it!
What do you think? Would it have looked better all purple, or is the teal a good look for me? Let me know in the comments below!

7 comments:

  1. That hair is awesome!

    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! I actually want to keep my hair black on top and dye it purple on the bottom... hopefully sometime in 2015!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT! I actually want to keep my hair black on top and dye it purple on the bottom... hopefully sometime in 2015!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it!!! I actually couldn't tell the bottom half was teal at all. I thought it was black- you should have gotten her to dye black over the teal. I love the purple though! I always dye my hair myself but want to get it done at a salon. I'm just nervous to because even just trusting salons to cut my hair is a no go for me. I've only had my hair cut at salons twice and the first time it looked no different and the second time it was completely messed up. My mom is really good at cutting hair, so I only trust her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy accident! I think your hair looks fierce and I love it!

    -Hannah
    www.anoldstoryblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purple hair! It's so unique!

    -Ruya
    sweetshortandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete