Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Dinner Favorites

I think it's safe to say that dinner is one of the most amazing things about Christmas. All of those succulent smells running wild through the house have you begging to sample everything as soon as it's coming out of the oven. Today I'm sharing what my favorite Christmas dinner consists of and what makes it so perfect.
The main course that I love the most is the ham. We don't usually eat ham a lot during the year because a lot of my family isn't crazy about it, so that makes it even more of a treat to have during this time of year. I also love it because it goes so well with all of the classic Christmas side dishes.
This is going to kill many of you, but I hate potatoes. No matter how you cook them, I just can't stand them. That means no baked potatoes, no sweet potatoes, and no french fries unless they're cooked to a crisp. My favorite side dish is the mac and cheese. My dad does this amazing baked macaroni and cheese that is absolutely divine, and I could seriously eat it with every meal.
Oh my goodness, rolls. Where do I start? They make every meal, and since I'm a huge bread lover, the rolls are a big reason why I love Christmas dinner. Dad makes these homemade rolls with a honey butter spread that is to die for, and the fluffiness of the roll with the sweet spread is absolutely perfect. 
Setting the meal aside, let's talk desserts. My Grandma makes some pretty amazing desserts every Christmas Eve, and they change every year. We'll have cakes, peanut butter fudge, chocolate treats, cookies, and whatever else she decides to cook up! We're all so stuffed after dinner that eating dessert makes us feel like we're about to explode, but it's definitely worth it to head over to the dessert table.

What part of Christmas dinner is your favorite? I'd love to hear yours in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment