Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Staying Thankful During the Holidays

Everyone romanticizes the holidays a bit. Our thoughts are all swarming with gifts and food, and sometimes that makes us lose sight of what the holidays are really about. Today, I'd like to take a moment and discuss what I'm most thankful for.
I know you see this one all the time, but the first thing on my list is my family. My cousins Emme, Landry, and Chasity, my brother Canaan, my dad, my aunts and uncles, and my grandparents are the most important things in this world to me, and knowing that they're there for me makes my life worth living. They've supported me through every hair color, blog post, and bad outfit choice I've made, and I know they won't be going anywhere for a long time. 
My dad and brother Canaan
Me and my cousins last Easter

Next, I'd like to say just how thankful I am for my friends. My two best friends Grant and Desiree have been there for me through so much, and I can't describe how lucky I am to have them in my life. What's ironic is how we each went to school together for years before we became close. I used to think Grant was pretty psychotic because my circle of friends dissed on him all the time, and I never gave Desiree the time of day until last year. If I hadn't become close friends with the two of them, I'd be in a completely different place right now. 

Grant's the awkward one in the fez :)
Next, I'd like to say how thankful I am for my faith. It has guided me throughout my entire life, and my love for Him has always been a stable point for me. I know that He will continue to lead me for the rest of my life and even after that into eternity.

Last but not least, I'm thankful for my readers. Each and every one of you have been here for me, and you're my motivation to keep doing this day after day. I'm still an extremely small blogger, and I'm definitely still growing, but the few of you that check back daily to read what I've written is definitely something I'm thankful for.

What are you most thankful for? Tell me why in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment