Sunday, January 11, 2015

2015 Trend Predictions

Everyone knows that trends have a habit of changing drastically from year to year, and sometimes we get caught up in all of the trendy madness going around. The things we were scoffing at in 2012 are in everyone's closets these days, and things are getting more and more complicated as each year goes by. Today, I'm going to share with you some of my favorite trends predicted to rock our worlds this year.
1. Trench Coats
One piece that seems to really be pushing its way into our wardrobes is the trench coat. One of my favorite ways to modernize the classic trench coat is to buy them in fun colors. I mean really, who wouldn't die for a pink or purple trench coat? These can be thrown on over most any outfit for a classy touch or to add an extra bold element to your look. This is definitely a piece I'm looking to add into my wardrobe this year!
Source: www.sabkitube.com/
2. Cut-Out Backs
Cut-out tops and dresses were relatively popular a few years ago and slowly faded out, but I can definitely see them coming back this year. Whether it's a design in the back, a low-cut back (my personal favorite), or even the classic slit back top we love when we're wanting to show our more daring side, I've seen people owning them in 2015. 
Source: pursebuzz.com/

3. Hats
Hats never go out of style completely, but there are times when they're more popular than others. Hats like the beanie and snapback never go out of style, but I think styles like the fedora or beret are slowly making a comeback since their decline in the early 1920s. I especially like the more modernized hats, such as lace hats or even leather hats.
Source: wetv.com
4. Colored Hair
As anyone who reads my blog can tell, I've always been a fan of colored hair, especially purple hair since that's what I'm currently loving. There's always been a select group of people that have worn colored hair, but I think that the love for colored hair is rapidly expanding. I predict that it will continue to grow until colored hair is more accepted in the workspace than it currently is, a day that I can't wait for.
Source: tropdamour.co.za/
5. Dark Lipstick
Dark lipstick has always been for the more goth people that wear all dark colors, but the market for dark lips is growing. I've seen more and more people pulling out the deep purple and navy hues for the new year. Eyes have dominated the face for years, and I think that lips are finally going to have their time to shine in the 2015.
Source: beautybanter.com/
6. Layers
Layered hair has been around forever, but a vast amount of people are still terrified of taking off so much length. I currently have layers up to my ears and my longest layers down far past my shoulders, and I've started seeing much more of this recently. People have become more and more bold in recent years, and I think this is an example of just how much style really is evolving.
Source: direct-hairstyles.com/
If I had to choose one word to describe what I predict to see in 2015, I'd choose new. People are going places they've never gone before in the fashion and beauty industries, and I'm supporting it wholeheartedly. Women of today have more opportunity than ever to express themselves in ways that weren't optional just a few years ago, and I just hope to see more and more of that in my lifetime.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE colored hair. I'm in London now, and I'm very tempted to go for it. But, like you said, I'm a bit nervous as to how future employers would respond… We'll see how this year goes! And I love dark lipstick for winter, so I'll probably keep wearing that for the next few months. Great picks!

    Maggie D. xx

    http://mychicadventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie! I say go for it! If we're going to make employers accept this, we've got to take baby steps. It'll happen eventually!

      Delete
  2. I love colored hair and want colored hair. I hope this is the year I actually book an appointment and get it done!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd LOVE to see how yours turns out, Jess! What colors are you thinking of?

      Delete
  3. I have been in love with dark lipsticks lately. I used to be so shy and keep telling myself that I look weird with dark lips, but recently, I just want to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. When I wear dark lips to parties or when I hang out with my gals. I got a lot of compliments :D Def gonna be wearing a lot of dark lipsticks this year!

    xo
    colorsinmybubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete