Monday, January 19, 2015

Five Minute Makeup Routine

We all have those days when we're running late. Maybe you hit snooze too many times, maybe you forgot about a meeting before work, or heck, maybe you just stayed up too late last night watching the new Downton Abbey (I know I did!). Whatever your reason may be, we all run late, and we all need a quick and easy way of dealing with it. Today, I'm sharing my five minute makeup routine that I use all the time, even when I'm not running late, because I love it that much!

First, I take out the concealer. You would normally put on foundation under your concealer, but when you're really rushing, some well-placed concealer can stand in its place. I apply this in a right triangle beneath my eyes to cover dark circles and use it to conceal any blemishes I happen to have that morning. For years, my favorite concealer has been this SkinClearing blemish concealer by Neutrogena in the shade Buff. This is an absolute miracle worker for dark circles and blemishes. When blending your concealer beneath your eyes, it's always best to use your ring finger. It's your weakest finger and is best for applying the right amount pressure to that sensitive eye area.
Next up is powder. Powder is a step that I never skip out on because it's a real life-saver when it comes to hiding that shine I have in the mornings. There's a difference between natural glow and oily! I've always used Neutrogena's SkinClearing Mineral Powder in Classic Ivory 10 for this as it's perfect for hiding any oiliness throughout the day.
Contouring comes next, and this is a step that should be included in any makeup routine, quickie or not. Depending on how much time you have, you could always go into more detail with this, but my favorite places to contour are along my cheekbones and the sides of my nose. Take your favorite blush brush and sweep it just along line your cheekbone makes from the corners of your lips up to your ears, then use it to accent your jawbone and on the sides and tip of your nose. I've used Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Blends Natural Radiance Bronzer in Sunkissed 30 for years, and it's always worked perfectly for my skintone.
Now, take your favorite blush and apply it to the apples of your cheeks. My favorite right now is Sunkissed Cheek by Ulta because it gives your cheeks a radiant glow that I just adore.
We all know that we should only emphasize either our eyes or lips in a look so not to look too made up, and between the two, lips take much less time to do. That's why I'm going really natural on my eyes by sweeping a natural color across my lids and applying a light mascara. The eyeshadow I used was Etheral by Pacifica, and for mascara, I used Smashbox's Full Exposure.To make my lashes appear a bit longer and to remove any clumps, I'm running a spoolie through them after applying mascara, then I tame my eyebrows a bit with a brow brush.
For lips, take a more bold lipstick that suits you and layer it until your get the desired look. With the cooler weather outside, I'd recommend using a chapstick underneath your lipstick to keep your lips soft throughout the day. My favorite chapstick right now is a Lip Butter by NYX in Red Velvet that goes perfectly with this lip crayon by J. Cat Beauty in the shade Red Rose.
There you have it! A makeup routine that takes no more than five minutes and is absolutely gorgeous for any occasion. I hope you enjoyed, and let me know what you think in the comments below!

This post was selected to be part of IFB's weekly post roundup over on heartifb.com! Check out the other posts below!

lalam0129

Links à la Mode: January 29th

SPONSOR: East Dane Kenzo Bags, Clothing, Weitzman Boots, Keepsake, Veda, Deux Lux, Long Skirts, Ami Rucksacks, MCM, Schutz & Puma Select

Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?

1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode. 2. If your link was selected and you need this week’s code, visit this page: Links à la Mode Code.

6 comments:

  1. Pretty! Gotta love the 5minute routines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Gotta love the 5minute routines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I need to shorten my routine by like, an hour! Great tips, very pretty! <3

    - K
    http://inf3kted.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely www.wildhormoans.com

    ReplyDelete