Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Fresh Start Glam Bag

When I got my December glam bag last month, I was so down about not being able to share those awesome items with you guys due to my holiday series going on then, so I'm crazy excited to show you my bag this month! January's bag is called Fresh Start, and it has some products in that are perfect for beginning 2015 fresh-faced and gorgeous.
First up is a Natural Mineral Coconut Eyeshadow by Pacifica in the shade Etheral. I found this brand through Ipsy, and I always look forward to finding one of their items in my bag! This shade is a very beachy, nude toned color, and it's perfect for a quick makeup look when you're going light on the eyes. I used this product in my Five Minute Makeup tutorial a few days ago, so you can check that out here to see how this shadow looks!
Second in this bag is Phyto-Medic Eyelish Enhancer by Lashfood. I can't claim to have used this product long enough to tell you if there have been any real results from it, but I do like the product. I did a test earlier this week where I wore no eye makeup and just applied this in the morning to see how my lashes looked and felt at the end of the day, and they definitely seemed significantly softer and more full. 

Next up is one of my favorite items in this bag, Probelle's Into The Blue Nail Lacquer. All of my regular readers know that I'm more into the deeper colors, but ever so often, I come across a great pastel color that I completely fall head over heels for. The color looks exactly like it does in the bottle once applied, something I've come to see as a rarity in the nail polish industry, and the polish stays on really well- once it's dried, which I found to take ages. I applied this, tested it an hour later, and it was still pretty wet. Consequently, I ended up smudging the polish several times before it completely dried. If you're planning on using this polish, make sure you won't be doing anything with your hands any time soon! Other than that, I adored this polish and would definitely use it again.
Now for a product for you unscented gals, the (MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm. I can't deny that the first thing I wondered about when I received this was the brand's name, but that's beside the point. The formula seems pretty nice, but it had zero scent whatsoever. On one hand, it's pretty rare that a product is ACTUALLY unscented, but I personally prefer a fun scent for my balms and lipsticks. 
Last but not least is this Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush. Can I start this off by saying just how excited I got when I pulled this out of the bag? I mean, come now, it's a hot pink brush that DOESN'T have stiff bristles and comes in a little girl's makeup kit. My inner girly side practically went crazy. I love this brush so much not just because of how pink it is, but because it's really a pretty great tool. I have a bit of a brush obsession, especially when they're this soft, and it can be used so many ways. It can make a nice crease brush, all over brush, or even a blending brush depending on how you hold and apply your shadow.
Overall, I really enjoyed this month's bag! It had some pretty great products, and it was a pretty great bag to kick off my subscription for 2015.

Remember, I pay for all of my monthly Ipsy bags myself, and I am not in any way influenced by Ipsy. All of my opinions are my own.

1 comment: