Thursday, January 15, 2015

Garnier Fructis Extra Volume Dry Shampoo

Having just dyed my hair a few weeks ago, I've naturally cut back on washing my hair. We all know that washing colored too frequently makes the dye wash out quickly, so I've went from washing my hair four times per week to more like twice weekly. To do this, I've been stocking up on one thing in particular- dry shampoo.

Garnier Fructis has been a haircare brand favorite for me for ages, so of course they were my first stop for dry shampoo. I tried out their Volume Extender Instant Bodifier Dry Shampoo for Flat or Fine Hair. I'm about as far from fine-haired as you can get with my extra think strands, but since my hair goes extremely flat when I haven't washed it in a while, I figured it would still work for me.

I tried this on third-day hair, and I got mixed results. It didn't help all that much with volume, but it did significantly decrease the shine in my hair. The smell is also fantastic, one of the reason I love this brand so much. And you really can't beat the price at about five dollars a bottle.

I'd definitely recommend this dry shampoo, but it isn't anything absolutely amazing. I've gotten just as good results from the diy shampoo I posted about last April (find that post here), but sometimes it's easier to just pick up the bottle and spray it in your hair rather than making your own. Hello, Monday mornings!
Do you prefer buying your products or making them yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment