Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Natural Highs

A natural high is something that you love, something that makes you smile, something that fills you with adrenaline and makes you feel ready to conquer the world. Today, I'm sharing a list of some of my natural highs and why they make me feel so amazing. 
One of my natural highs is reading. I always have a new book in my hand, and once I start a book, I can't put it own until I've finished it. I'm the type of person that gets lost in a book, and I can read for hours on end. When I'm reading, I develop a sense of empathy for the characters, and their triumphs make me feel empowered.

Another natural high is shopping. Since I blog about fashion, this is no surprise, but a day at the mall with friends is one of my favorite ways to spend my time. I love trying on new clothes, and even if I don't buy anything, I just enjoy shopping in itself. It gives me inspiration for posts, and I just get a happy feeling that lasts all day.

Music is a huge natural high for me. I can't write a post without music playing in the background, and I listen to it when I read, when I do my makeup in the morning, and pretty much any time in between! Most people can't believe it when they find out that I can't read, write, or do homework without music in the background, but it's become natural for me. Listening to empowering music gives me an enormous rush of accomplishment and makes me feel good about myself.

The last natural high that I have to share with you is blogging. This is by far my favorite natural high, and it gives me the greatest feeling in the world. Writing makes me happy, and receiving recognition for it from readers, brands, or my fellow bloggers is the most rewarding feeling I've ever experienced. Writing a post that I can be proud of gives me a high that I don't get from anything else, and my dream is to make a living by doing my natural high forever.

What are your natural highs? Tell me your favorites in the comments below! Help spread the word about this campaign by tweeting with the tag #TheNaturalHighProject or share this photo on your social media sites for a shoutout on the sites of the natural high bloggers!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. We share the same passion for music, shopping, blogging and reading! Great read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Listening to music always makes me feel better!! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driving with the windows down on an eighty degree day and my favorite song comes on. Nothing beats that feeling!

    Great prompt idea!

    ReplyDelete