Keep in mind that I have naturally wavy hair. I have no idea how these tips work on other hair types, but I'd definitely still recommend at least giving them a shot.
Another thing I love using is mousse. When your hair is just completely out of control, it's one thing that goes a long way. Try taking some water and spritzing your hair with it before running some mousse through it to tame those tresses. Your hair will dry in the style you've created using your mousse! I use a wonderful whipped mousse by B. The Product for this, which I reviewed a few months ago here!
To get straight hair without a blow dryer or a flat iron, you're going to need a straightening serum. I use one by Dear Clark, and I have a full review of it here! It's a miracle worker for keeping my hair straight. You just run it through damp or dry hair, brush it to ensure even distribution, and let it dry naturally.
If it's body you're lacking, I'd recommend using a texturizing spray or gel when air-drying. Try scrunching your damp or wet hair with a sea salt spray, a gel, or a curling mousse to enhance your natural waves and add some body. My favorite is Not Your Mother's Beach Babe spray, which I reviewed last year here!
When all else fails, hairspray is always there! Spritz a brush or your fingertips with your favorite hairspray and try taming your hair with that. Hairspray is a always girl's best friend!
What do you do to avoid crazy hair days without heat styling? Let me know in the comments below!
This post was featured in IFB's Links La Mode roundup! Check out the other links from around the web below!
Links à la Mode: February 19th
- Attire Club: Why Fashion Is Important
- Chromo Beauty: 4 Tips for Rocking Natural Hair
- Femme Violet: Power Dressing: Fashion As Armor
- Funky Jungle: 5 Reasons Why I Love Thrifting
- Happy Pretty Sweet: 4 Gowns Inspired by Oscar Nominated Films
- High Heels in The Wilderness: Legging Love
- Les Assorties: Plexi Dreams
- Moda Vracha's Spot: Korean Skincare Routine for Acne Prone Skin
- Ms. Fabulous: #NYFW Red Dress Show: Go Red for Women
- Purushu Arie: 5 Office Essentials Most Men Miss
- Red Alice Rao: How to Look Good in a Sports Jersey
- Rolala Loves: How to Celebrate Chinese New Year
- Storybook Apothecary: 5 Thoughts Only Bloggers Will Understand
- Style Context: Star Wars Meets Coachella at Mara Hoffman
- Style Curated: Metal Noir Fall 2015 at Pier 59 Studios
- Style On Trend: What to Pack for a 5-Day Beach Resort Vacation
- The Daily Luxe: 5 Highlights from NYFW
- Try It On Me: All Black Without Being Boring
- Yukova's Fashion Blog: 5 Quick Ways to Improve Your Style Routine
- We Are Ready Made: The Realm of Nothingness