Saturday, February 28, 2015

Reverse Cat Eye Tutorial

The cat eye is a classic makeup look that every woman has worn at least once in her life. As stunning as this look can be, there's always the need for something new every once in a while. I've been seeing the reverse cat eye all over Pinterest lately, and I decided to try my take on this revamped look by giving it a more subtle tone.
To begin the look, I first prepped my lid by giving it a light dusting of white shadow.
Next, I took a black eyeliner pencil by Starlooks and completely filled in my lower waterline.

Then, I took that same pencil and dotted along the outer side of my lashline and blended it using an angled eyeliner brush. Dotting along my lashline rather than drawing the line gave the look a smokey effect that wasn't too harsh.


For the wing, I brought my eyeliner out from the corner of my eye, arching it upwards. Then, I took a smudging brush and blended the liner in over my crease.

To give my crease more definition, I took a black shadow and barely dusted that over it.

I topped the look off with a black mascara by Buxom.

I absolutely love this look, and it's quick enough that you could do it before class or work in the morning without running late. I was complimented on my makeup all day when I wore this earlier in the week, and it's definitely something I'm going to be trying again. 
What do you think of this take on the cat eye? Do you prefer the original, or are you going to be rocking the revamped version?

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and such an amazing job! I like the original but I think I might actually try this out.

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look on you! Very fresh and not overly done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial!!! I wish I could do ANY of the cat-eyes! #fireworkpeople

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely fresh look, perfect for daytime! I'm going to have to try this out. Great step by step. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look. It's simple and easy. My cat eye-ing skill is definitely so week that I gotta try the reverse one, ha ha!

    Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete