Saturday, March 21, 2015

Going Girly at Cafe Beignet

A beignet is one of my all-time favorite pastries. New Orleans is known internationally for its beignets, but what most people don't know is that the world-famous Cafe Du Monde isn't the only place in the city to get delicious beignets. I stopped for breakfast at Cafe Beignet and had some absolutely delicious beignets to kick off my day!
Top- Wet Seal, Jeans- Wet Seal, Boots- Top Moda
I'm wearing a simple, easygoing outfit with the bows on the back of my top adding a girly touch. My hair is in a flipped out side ponytail, one of my favorite ways to take my hair to the next level on days when I don't want to heat up the flat iron!

We thought the beignets here were better than Du Monde's, and the increase in price was made up for by the smaller line and even better beignets! The pastry was much softer and chewier all the way through, and the portions are more than enough for one person! Cafe Beignet has locations on Bourbon and Royal streets in the French Quarter.
Have you ever had beignets? What makes a beignet perfect for you? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. great shots!!
    // http://xokxt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance and from far away, I thought you were standing in front of a tattoo shop lol. Those beignets look deliscious. I've never had one.

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete