Thursday, March 5, 2015

Winter Lip Essentials

Let's face it, winter is hard on our lips. We all know cracking lips are incredibly unattractive, but that's the harsh reality of winter. However, we can try to keep this winter weather and our lips in check by using the best products possible. Today, I'm listing my top four products for making sure my lips are looking lovely year-round.
First up is EOS lip balm. I've always had a bit of an obsession with EOS because all of their balms are 100% natural and 95% organic, something you don't see every day. These balms contain tons of fantastic ingredients for your skin like shea butter, jojoba oil, and vitamin E oil, and they come in loads of delicious smelling scents. My favorite is Honeydew, and its summery scent makes me smile all day long.
This next product is a little less common. Any of you that have read my DIY beauty posts know that Bulk Apothecary is my go-to for raw ingredients, and they also have a collection of products such as lotions and oils. A while back, they included a few sticks of their original, untinted lip balm in a package they sent me, and I love it. It's filled with moisturizing oils and all-natural butters, making it absolutely wonderful for your lips. The only problem? You can't just order a stick anytime you want, you have to buy them in bulk, paying fifteen dollars for fifty tubes. It's a pretty great deal, but who needs that much chapstick? I'd recommend this if you're needing favors for a party or want to give one- or forty-nine- to friends. You can find it here!
If you're looking for some color, I'm loving MICA Beauty Cosmetics' tinted lip balm right now. It's definitely on the pricier side of this list, but it works really well while giving you an intense pop of color. I especially love using it during this time of year when dark lips are in style, and since getting a bold lip without the drying effects can be difficult, this works perfectly for me. I use this in the shade Natural.
Lastly is my go-to lip product, NYX's Butter Lip Balm in the shade Red Velvet. I've recently been sporting the red lip more often, but since I tend to play up my eyes so much, I don't always want to go really bold on my lips, which makes this really lovely. It provides great moisturization, and the color is absolutely stunning, giving me a touch of red without being overpowering.
What products are you using to battle the cold this year? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment