Saturday, May 16, 2015

21 Day Fashion Challenge: Week 2

Week two of the 21 Day Fashion Challenge is up! With only two weeks to go, let's see what pieces I pulled from the depths of my wardrobe this week.

Monday: Your Inner Preppy Gal
This theme was a bit of a challenge for me as my style leans more towards the grunge end of the spectrum, but after much deliberation, I settled on this peach tank layered with a laid-back grey cardigan. I paired these with my skinny jeans and Vans for a simple, fun look. To top off this outfit, I added a charming bracelet that I picked up at Lucy Rose boutique in New Orleans last year and a geometric necklace from Son of a Sailor.

 Tuesday: Monochromatic
When I saw this theme, I was practically jumping for joy. I wear at least a bit of black most every day, and today was the day I could play around with my favorite shade! I paired this darling Hot Topic sweater with some skinny jeans, then added my black combat boots to complete the look. This is a very "me" outfit, and I felt amazing it in.

Wednesday: Shine and Shimmer
For the theme Shine and Shimmer, I dug this glittery raglan top out from the back of my closet that I had all but forgotten about and added my combat boots again and a pair of black skinnies. Since there was already a lot going on in my top, I went light on the accessories, adding only a pair of black stud earrings and a silver and gold bracelet.
Thursday: Summer Gal
Ah, finally time to welcome that warm weather! I decided on a minimalist feel for this outfit, and this cream-colored tank with gold buttons perfectly portrayed that. For the rest of the outfit, I went with some dark Old Navy jeans and Vans for a simple, girly finish.

Friday: Stripes All The Day
 This outfit has been one of my favorites in the 21 Day Fashion Challenge yet. This open-back striped top is stunning, and paired with black skinny jeans and combat boots, it perfectly adds elements of both femininity and grunge to my look.
Are you participating in the challenge yet? Get invoved by posting your daily outfits across your social media channels with the tag #21dayfashion, and bloggers, remember to submit your weekly articles to The Made Thing's Saturday roundups! 

Check out the themes for next week:
  • Go Big or Go Home!
  • Throwback Thursday
  • Southern Trends
  • Opposites Attract
  • Dress Up Your Friday Jeans
I can't wait to see your daily ensembles, and check out the rest of the lovely bloggers participating in the challenge at this week's roundup over at The Made Thing!

1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely! Thanks so much for participating.

    (I just added your link to the roundup over on my blog because another blogger told me it wasn't working last week.)

    ReplyDelete