Saturday, May 9, 2015

21 Day Fashion Challenge: Week One

It's here- the first weekly recap of the 21 Day Fashion Challenge! Today, I'm sharing my outfits from the past week, all of them fitting the themes mentioned in my original post here

Sunday: Sunday Statement
For my first theme, I chose to make a statement with this open-back top. I really love the criss-cross design on the back, and paired with jeans and black Vans, it's a simple yet sophisticated outfit to begin the week.

Monday: Your Favorite Piece
I have about a zillion different pieces that could be deemed as my favorite, so I decided to combine two of my favorite pieces, a pair of black and white floral Vans and a pink button-down blouse, to create the perfect look.

Tuesday: Something You Wear a Lot
This is a really good example of an everyday outfit for me- a Hot Topic sweater, Wet Seal skinnies, and Top Moda combat boots. It has a perfectly-placed pop of color, and I accessorized with a matching Batman earring and necklace set.

Wednesday: An Outfit That Reflects a Memory
I normally wouldn't wear similar button-downs twice in one week, but with this theme, I just couldn't resist. This Mariposa Couture top brings back so many memories for me. The company that sent it to me, Mariposa Couture, was one of my first collaborations since starting ChromoBeauty, and I also wore this top the first time I interviewed a boutique owner. It's very sleek and laid-back, and I'm wearing it with the same Vans from Monday.

Thursday: Power Outfit
This outfit screams power from the rooftops. I had a theatre performance on the night that I wore this, so I had to make sure it was professional enough to appear on stage in while standing out from the crowd completely. I layered a basic purple tee and a black button-down (seeing a trend here?) and paired them with these amazing leggings from Forever 21. I accessorized with a pair of simple black stud earrings and a necklace from Spencers.

Friday: Gussy up a Tshirt
Of every outfit noted in today's post, this one is by far my favorite. I took my favorite Breakfast Club graphic tee and layered it beneath a light-wash denim jacket to contrast from the dark tee and black jeans. For a final touch, I added my white high top All Stars and some rose dangle earrings from Claire's.
I'm having a ball with this challenge, and it isn't too late to join in! Bloggers, follow the instructions in my original post and submit your recaps to The Made Thing's weekly linkup! If you aren't a blogger but would still like to join in on the fun, post daily OOTD photos across your social media channels tagged #21dayfashion!

Next week's themes are:
  • Your inner preppy gal
  • Monochromatic
  • Shine & Shimmer
  • Summer gal
  • Stripes all the day
Check back here on Saturday for next week's recap, and check out the other amazing blogs participating in the challenge by visiting this week's linkup over on The Made Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment