Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Beachy Blue Eyeshadow Tutorial

Summer is quickly approaching, and one of my favorite summer must-haves is a good go-to makeup look! Today, I'm sharing a stunning eye makeup tutorial fit for any summer occasion using only a sample palette by Costal Scents, an eye primer by MicaBeauty Cosmetics, a Smashbox mascara, and an Emerald eyeliner pencil also from Smashbox.

Colors: Top right- Viridian Green, top left- Regalia Purple, bottom right- Mauve, bottom left- Polar Bear
First, I'm taking my MicaBeauty Cosmetics eye primer and spreading it across my upper and lower lids.
Next, cover your entire lid with a white shadow (Polar Bear in this palette), going all the way up to the brow bone.
Now, apply Viridian Green or a similar teal shade to your crease and Regalia Purple or a deep navy shadow to your outer crease.

For the rest of your lid, take Mauve or another shimmery peachy shade to the rest of your lid and blend using a fluffy brush.

Your blended colors should look like this- soft but still noticeably blue. Try going for a bit of an ombre look across your crease, flowing from the dark blue on your outer crease to the teal inside corner.
Now, take a flat eyeliner brush and lightly apply Viridian Green or your chosen teal shade to your outer lashline. Then, apply Emerald by Smashbox or another dark teal eyeliner to your outer waterline and thinly line your entire top lashline.


Finally, add a coat of black mascara, and you're done!

This has been one of my favorite makeup looks recently, and I've gotten loads of compliments on its subtle blue, summery tones. This tutorial would also look stunning with different shades of green or purple! If you decide to give it a shot, make sure to tag me on Twitter or Instagram at @chromobeauty!


**I paid for all of the products mentioned in today's post myself; this article was not in any way influenced by the mentioned brands. All of my opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment