Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My Go-To Pixie Cut Styling Gel

When I first got my pixie cut, the first thing I did was fly to Target and buy the first hair gel I laid eyes on. Luckily, that ended up being Garnier Fructis' Pure Clean Finishing Paste. It was a pretty great introduction for me into the wide world of hair gel, and it's an amazingly multipurpose product for any hair type and length.
I'd like to say that I apply this properly on my wet hair after a shower before I dry it, but let's be honest, I'm way too lazy to dry my hair every time I wash it, so it generally ends up being used right as I'm styling it. I use this product for nearly every style. It works when I want a fun, voluminous look, a messy, piecey 'do, or a sleek, asymmetrical style. It has a really strong hold, and I'm always left with a really long-lasting finish. It's really inexpensive, no more than five dollars at any retailer, and you barely have to use any, so you're getting some huge bang for your buck. Plus, the smell is pretty great. It has that really fresh, clean scent that I've come to associate with Garnier Fructis products, which is always my favorite when it comes to hair products.

It works really well for long hair as well. Whenever I buy a new beauty product, my mom stealing it is inevitable. She tries out everything I buy, and this has been one of her favorites. She has really layered hair that reaches just past her shoulders, and her many layers often get frizzy. She sneaks- or tries to sneak- this out of my room while I'm asleep in the mornings and never fails to wake me up (aren't teenagers meant to sleep in during summer?). It gives definition to her layers, adds pieciness to her bangs, and tames flyaways.
Have you ever tried this hair gel? What's your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!

Find Garnier Fructis Style Pure Clean Finishing Paste on Amazon here.

1 comment:

  1. I like your suggestions they are really helpful. Thank you so much for sharing this post.

    Lice Guard Gel

    ReplyDelete