Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Summer Lovin' Glam Bag

July's ipsy bag is titled Summer Lovin', and my bag delivered beautifully this month. Full to the brim with products designed to enhance your natural beauty, this bag was perfect for me this summer. Let's jump in!
I love receiving lipstick in my glam bags, and P.I.N.K., a stunning deep rose shade by BellaPierre Cosmetics, didn't disappoint. The color is stunning, and I love layering it for different shades. The formula isn't drying, and the creamy texture makes for easy application.
I love dry shampoo. For a girl with colored hair, it's truly a lifesaver as it allows you to extend the time between washing immensely to allow your color to last lightyears longer than usual. Eva NYC's Freshen Up Dry Shampoo is one of the better dry shampoos I've come across, partially because it smells amazing. It also absorbs the excess oils extremely quickly and lasts all day.
Next in this bag is City Color Cosmetics' HD Powder. One of my favorite makeup techniques this season has been strobing, and to set my highlighter I like dusting a bit of translucent powder over my highlighted areas, and this has proven to be an excellent tool for that. It dulls the shine a bit, but it doesn't give it a completely matte finish, which is exactly how I prefer it.
As I said above, I've really been loving strobing lately, and one key aspect to this trend is having beautiful, glowing skin. This next product is pur~lisse's pur-bright Ultra Skin Brightening System, and it really delivered on that front for me. I've been using it after cleansing my face in the mornings, and I've noticed that my face has seemed brighter and has a lovely natural glow that I usually only have when wearing makeup.
The last product this month is a 2-in-1 Shadow/Liner Stick from Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics. I generally prefer black eyeliner over brown because I love the way it contrasts with my eye color, but the formula of this liner really impressed me. On application, it's really easy to spread, making it great as an eyeshadow, but it quickly attaches to your lid, making it a perfect liner that doesn't budge throughout the day. It really impressed me on that front as most 2-in-1 pencils like this don't make very good eyeliners.
That's it for this month's bag! Ipsy is currently running their first 48-hour no waitlist period, which means that if you sign up for your Glam Bags now, you can get your first bag as early as next month! Sign up at ipsy.com as soon as possible to take advantage of this offer.

Remember, I pay for all of my monthly glam bags myself, and I am not in any way influenced by ipsy. All of my opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute Glam Bag - I love the look of the lippy and the shadow pencil! <3

    royallyrouge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete