Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Beauty Blast Glam Bag

This month, my glam bag from Ipsy is justly called Beauty Blast. This bag had products that really make my face pop, and several of these items were surprising in a great way. Let's take a peek!
First this month is a Mattifying Emulsion and Pore Refiner by Figs & Rouge, and I was very surprised at how much I loved this formula. The primer turned my skin into a nice, clean canvas for my foundation, and it kept my skin's oiliness in check perfectly.
Next up is another favorite, Jelly Pong Pong's Liquid Gossamer. This is a lightweight, moisturizing highlighter that really lights up your face. I've used so many highlighters before, but what struck me as unique about this one was that it didn't just highlight my features, it gave them a really gorgeous sun-kissed glow. I've been using this nonstop since I received it, and it's perfect for winter when that fresh-off-the-beach glow is so hard to come by!
This product wasn't my favorite, despite my familiarity with the brand. This is Crown Brush's Deluxe Pointed Crease Brush, and those that have read my How Much is My Face Worth? post from last week know that I have a love for this brand's shadow/crease duet brush, so I definitely had high hopes for this brush as well. The thing I didn't love about it is the brush's very singular purpose: adding a subtle tint to the crease. I could do that and several other things with any brush by just using a light hand, but that was really all there is to do with this one. I'm not really able to get too much pigment with it because the brush is so light, and it isn't the easiest to control.
Now for an eye product! This is Absolute New York's Nano Liner, and I really love this one. It's by far the most precise eye liner pen I've ever used, the tip being extremely thin and precise. It was a bit tricky to get used to, but after using it a few times, I was used to it and realized how much creative freedom a small tip provides. I can get an extremely precise cat eye, and I never accidentally make my line too thick because the tip covers such a small area at one time. 
This is actually the first time Ipsy has sent me a product I've used before in the two years I've been ordering glam bags! This is the Full Exposure Mascara by Smashbox, and it just so happens to be my daily mascara (Ipsy really does know my taste well- spooky, but kinda awesome). This mascara is one of my favorites, giving me just enough drama for an everyday look with a coat or two. It gives my lashes a long, lush appearance and is one of my all-time favorite eye products. 
Did I mention how much I love this month's bag? It's so lovely! I love the bright colors, and it's probably my favorite makeup bag I've had from Ipsy. The products were also winners, and it was one of the better experiences I've had with glam bags! If you want to get your own $10 bag of beauty every month, head over to ipsy.com and sign up.

Remember, I pay for all of my monthly glam bags myself, and this review is in no way influenced by ipsy. All opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment