Tuesday, November 17, 2015

How Much is My Face Worth?


I saw these posts drifting around a few years back, but recently I've seen several blogs start trying them again and thought I'd share! Today's post is the How Much is Your face Worth challenge where I grab the makeup I use on a daily basis and add prices to all of it, then total up how much everything would cost in all. Keep in mind that I'm extremely spontaneous with my makeup and I change things up all the time, so these are basically the go-to products I would toss in my bag if I were going out of town for a night.

Face:
Neutrogena Visibly Even BB Cream SPF 30 in Fair to Light $16

Neutrogena SkinClearing Blemish Concealer in Buff $10


Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder in Classic Ivory $13

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Natural Radiance Bronzer in Sunkissed $13
Anyone who has followed ChromoBeauty for a while knows about my love for Neutrogena. I have really acne-prone skin, and this brand has been the best for my skin since I started wearing makeup in sixth grade. I start with the BB cream since it isn't as heavy as foundation, then follow that with the blemish concealer under my eyes and on any pimples or discolored areas. This is one of my favorite items because it's formulated to cover and treat blemishes, plus it doubles as an under eye concealer. I use the stick concealer in a shade lighter than my natural skintone on my cheeks, nose, and forehead to highlight those areas, then cover my face in powder and lightly contour my nose and cheekbones with bronzer and blend it out for an even finish.
Hikari Powder Blush in Tango $15
This is the one facial product I use that isn't Neutrogena. I've found that this color is ideal for my skin tone, and the formula hasn't had any negative effects on my skin. I just add a light dusting on the apples of my cheeks and bring it up a bit towards my ears for a natural flush.

Eyes:
NYX Cosmetics Love in Paris Eyeshadow Palette in Madelines and Macaroons $10
Despite its low price point, this palette has been a staple product for me for years. The shades are very pigmented and so versatile that barring crazy color looks, I can create any look I could want.

Starlooks Luxe Longwear Eyeliner Pen in Black $20

Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black $20

Ulta Brow Expert Palette in Light $12

Lips:
(MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm $12

bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready $18
I use this balm + lipstick combo very often because it really enhances my natural lip color and suits any look, but it's pretty interchangeable with any other balm or lipstick. I wear different formulas regularly and change up my lip routine a lot, but these are two of my favorites.

Tools:
Ecotools Large Powder Brush $8

i on Beauty Eco-Friendly Blush Brush $16

Royal Care Cosmetics Pink Blender Sponge $2
Obviously this sponge is a knockoff considering that it's only 10% of the price of a real Beauty Blender, but I've found that any cheap teardrop-shaped sponge does the job for me. I use it to blend my concealer and BB cream, and it works like a charm.
Crown Shadow Deluxe Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush $7

Coastal Scents Classic Shadow Medium Natural Brush $2.50

e.l.f Cosmetics Eyebrow Brush and Comb $4

e.l.f Cosmetics Eyelash and Brow Wand $4

Ulta Brow Brush $10

Total: $220.50

This number alone isn't so horrible, but considering how much other makeup I have and how much it would cost altogether makes me question my life choices. Let's just be thankful today's post only consists of go-to products, or I think I'd have to give up makeup completely. Have any of you ever done this challenge? If you have, post your total below, and if you're a blogger, I challenge you to post how much your face is worth and leave a link in the comments! Good luck :)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cool idea! It's crazy to think about!

    Kim
    http://trendkeeper.me

    ReplyDelete