Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Nouveau-Tique Mystery Box

Those of you who read ChromoBeauty regularly know that I love my monthly subscription to Ipsy. It's so exciting coming home to a little bag full of fun products after being out all day! I'm working on a series of collaborations with several Etsy brands to bring you reviews of different subscription boxes run through Etsy shops. These companies are the best-kept secrets of the subscription box market and provide products that are unique, handcrafted, and beautiful. The first post is on Nouveau-Tique, a jewelry brand with a twist!
Nouveau-Tique began as a woman's idea of upcycling old pieces into something new and different. She finds pieces at thrift shops and antique stores, turning them into stylish and wearable pieces. I was sent a wine ring set, garnet necklace, and a dreaming tree.
I fell in love with the wine rings as soon as I opened the box. Made with Swarovski crystal and pearl, they instantly transform any table setting. I recieved these in yellow, orange, purple, red, blue and green and loved how they subtly manage to take something as ordinary as a glass and make it a statement piece.

Next is the garnet necklace. My favorite thing about this necklace is that it's made from upcycled vintage garnet beads! The chain is sterling silver, and the neutral colors ensure that the necklace is perfect for any outfit. The look is simple but elegant and is a lovely final touch to any outfit.

On to my favorite item I received, the dreaming tree! Each of these trees are made completely by hand, and as the outcome can be unpredictable, each one is totally unique. I liked that my tree featured several colors, so the piece blended seamlessly into my color-packed room! The tree is about five inches tall, making it the perfect size to sit on a bookshelf or coffee table. 
At $40 per month, I was very impressed with the items I received, especially considering that her trees are all a minimum of $30 each otherwise! Check out Nouveau-Tique's mystery box here, and if you see something you love, be sure to grab it as soon as possible since her products are one-of-a-kind.
Check out the rest of the series here!

My next Etsy-run subscription box review is in the works, so be sure to check back soon! Remember that I have received compensation for the posts in this series, but none of my opinions are influenced by the featured brands. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment