Saturday, January 30, 2016

Winter Fairy Eye Makeup Tutorial

It's been way too long since I've done an eye makeup tutorial, and today, I'd like to change that! I'm bringing you a bright, color-packed look that makes me feel like a winter fairy because makeup is just that awesome.
I'm using the Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box for this tutorial, which has sadly been discontinued. The only place I've been able to find it now is on Ebay, so if you can find one of these, snatch it up quick because they're a dream! The colors are absolutely packed with pigment, and they're some of my favorite colorful eyeshadows I've ever used. 
To begin the look, I'm applying my favorite MicaBeauty Cosmetics Eye Primer all over my lid, making sure to work this up into my crease. A good primer is especially important when using bright colors in your look as they tend to be extremely pigmented and crease easily.
Now, I'm taking the shade Ransom on the fluffy end my Deluxe Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush from Crown Brush and applying it to my outer and inner creases, leaving a bare area in the center. You can use any purple eyeshadow for this look, I love this one because it's more of a violet than a purple, making it blend better with the blue I'm about to use.

Now, I'm taking Peace, a bright, Cinderella blue color, on a Coastal Scents Classic Medium Shadow Brush and pressing it into the bare area we left earlier. When applying a bright, highly pigmented shadow, you always want to press the product rather than sweep it across your lid to get the most vibrant outcome.

Now, taking Zero on my Ecotools Shading Brush from their Starter Makeup Brush Set, I'm lightly going over the edges of my outer crease to add some dimension and create a smokier look. This color can be substituted with any shimmery black shade.

Now, I'm applying Peace with the pointed end of my Crown Duet Brush around my tear ducts and along my lower lashline until I reach about halfway across, just under the pupil.Then, using the same brush, I'm applying Ransom to the rest of my lashline, blending it with the blue to create a gradient effect.


Now, I'm lining my lower waterline with this deep turquoise-y liner from Smashbox which has also unfortunately been discontinued. This step is totally optional, but I like it because it makes the whites of my eyes really pop. I love how bright the blue shadow already is on my upper lid, so I opted not to line it, but you can definitely do that if you want a darker toned look.
This step is also optional, but I went in and packed a little more Ransom into my crease and blended it out a bit with my Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush.

Now, I'm going in with my favorite Urban Decay Perversion Mascara and coating my lashes. False lashes would be absolutely gorgeous with this look, but I have fairly long lashes and just prefer mascara.
Now I'm using my Brow Duo Brush by Crown Brush to comb and fill in my brows with a Natural Stain Brow Powder by PEEK Beauty. I don't particularly like the brush end of this tool because it's so stiff that you have to scrape your product and make a mess to get any to actually stick, but I'm using it primarily for the spoolie end because it has a sharp curve that you can't really see in this picture which makes it easier to use.


That's the completed look! I'm really loving all of these cool winter colors this season, and this has definitely been one of my favorite looks because it is so easy to do and looks stunning. What are your favorite winter makeup secrets? Share in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. That makeup looks so pretty !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete