Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Pretty in #IpsyPink Glam Bag

February's Ipsy bag is called Pretty in #IpsyPink, and it's brought me out of my shell a bit. It has so many bold, beautiful products, and a few unexpected items. The bag is also a highlight, with a really fun texture and graphic.
First this month is the THEORIE Argan Oil Ultimate Reform Hair Serum. In a statement, I thought it was good but not great. It works well and protects from heat styling, but then again, don't most well-made hair serums? It isn't one of those products that will revolutionize the haircare industry, but it makes a good staple in your beauty routine and is a bit similar to Moroccan Oil, my favorite hair serum.
The second item this month is a product I absolutely adore, the ModelCo LIP LACQUER Lip Gloss in Morocco. This gloss is different than most lip glosses that I've used because it's amazingly long lasting. I wore it a few days ago and accidentally left home without throwing it in my purse, but it turned out that it stays so well that I didn't need to reapply it, even after eating lunch. The color is stunning, the staying power is mind-blowing, and the shine is perfect.
Confession time: I've NEVER worn red nail polish. I've always thought it was one of those stunning but hard to pull off things, like 10-inch needle-thin heels (ouch). But this Ciate London Paint Pot in Hutch- my go-to red" completely made me rethink that and call myself out for not having worn it sooner! I love this polish to death, and it makes me feel like so ladylike. It's funny what something as small as a nail color can do to your confidence. As for the polish itself, it spreads well, has a great consistency, and lasts for ages. Definitely a favorite in this bag!
This item was also a bit out of my comfort zone. I've always been pro-powder blush, and cream formulas have always made me feel that I'll look like a clown, but I'm happy to say that this blush has proven me wrong. Bora Bora Coral from tre'StiQue leaves my cheeks looking perfectly flushed, and the formula blends easily into my skin.
Lastly is the Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer from IT Cosmetics. Let me begin by saying that this isn't your run-of-the-mill concealer. This stuff is thick. A drop alone will cover one eye and part of the other, and it's surprisingly blendable. It's also much less cakey than I would expect and effectively covers dark circles.

That's all for this bag! I'm really happy with the quality of my products this month, and I can't wait to share my March ipsy bag next month. To get your own $10 Glam Bag every month, sign up at ipsy.com.

Remember, I pay for all of my monthly glam bags myself, and this review is in no way influenced by ipsy. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment