Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Hello, Spring! Ipsy Bag

March's ipsy bag is called Hello, Spring!, and it has been one of my favorite glam bags to date. Filled with fun, versatile products, this bag perfectly met my beauty needs and even guessed a couple products I've been wanting to try!
First this month is a product I've heard so much about, the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in the shade Kitten Heels. Liquid lipsticks are a bit new for me, and I'd actually been on the verge of ordering this when it arrived in my bag! The color is an extremely bold, vibrant red, and it dries much more quickly than I would have expected. It has a perfectly matte finish, and I didn't notice that it dried out my lips, which was nice. Overall, I really liked it and am looking to purchase it in the shades Soft-Spoken and Amethyst as well!
Next is Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco 3 Day Smooth Perfect Blow Dry Cream from Marc Anthony. With my hair reaching just past my chin now, I'm finally at the point where I need to style it for the first time in ages, and I'd been looking for a product to limit that styling time when this arrived. I really like the smell, and it did a good job maintaining frizz and giving me a soft, sleek finish. Using my blow dryer's concentrator nozzle, I can actually straighten my hair without a flat iron with this product!
I always love finding a good liquid eyeliner, and I was not disappointed with Skone Cosmetics' Insanely Intense Tattooed Eyeliner in Jet Black. I'd never heard of this brand before, but they really know how to make a good eyeliner. The tip is perfectly sized, thin enough at the end to let me add detailing to my look and thick enough at the base to provide stability. It also dries ridiculously fast, so I don't have to worry about opening my eye after applying it to find a print on my eyelid! It also lasts for a really long time, almost as if it is tattooed! After checking out their website, I'm dying for it in the shade Plum.
This next product is the Lip + Cheek Pencil from NUDESTIX in Mystic. I've always loved the idea of a lip/cheek duo, but until now, I'd never found one that I really liked. This formula is virtually perfect, with the most blendable cheek stain I've ever used and a lipstick that doesn't dry out my lips in an ideal shade. It's very compact, and its versatility makes it great for throwing in a purse or clutch for touchups. It was definitely a highlight in this bag!
Lastly is the Beau Gachis Paris Eyeshadow Brush. This is the second eyeshadow brush I've received by this company in a glam bag, and although I didn't initially love the first one, it ended up growing on me as I played around with using it in different ways. This one I immediately liked as it is a perfect eyeshadow staple brush. If you need to carry a brush but can only bring one, this is versatile enough to cover all of the necessities. I used this the other night to try a cut crease eyeshadow look, and I used it for my base powder, to apply my crease shade, and to blend my several different shadows together. I really love how soft the bristles are and was very happy with it.
That's it this month! I'm finding that my ipsy bags are progressively becoming more suited to my personal taste every month since I've started taking surveys about the products every month, and they've really been nailing it! If you'd like to receive your own $10 glam bag every month, check out ipsy.com.

Remember, I pay for all of my monthly glam bags myself, and this review is in no way influenced by ipsy. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment