Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Glossier Pink and Spring Eyes

Spring is approaching fast, and I'm already so excited for the lighter colors of this season! I love fall and winter colors, but I am so ready to play around with more bright, pastel shades in my outfits and makeup. Today, I'm sharing a springy makeup tutorial using my new favorite eyeshadow palette, Urban Decay's Vice 4.
After priming my eyes with a MicaBeauty Eye Primer, I began packing the shade Fast-Ball onto my entire lid with a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. This is a really pinky-toned salmon, and to get such a pale color to stand out, packing is much better than just brushing the color on.
Now I'm taking Arctic, a shimmery green shade that makes me think of Saint Patrick's day, and filling in my crease using the Deluxe Crease Brush, also by Real Techniques.
I also went in with the shade Grasshopper, a similar green pigment but a tad darker and with less shimmer, and mixed it with Arctic to add a bit more dimension in the crease.
Now, I'm using the same brush to blend it using the transition shade Discreet for a more natural fade. I also added a bit of the shade 1985, a darker pink, to transition from the rich green tones to that pale salmon on the rest of my lid.

I hadn't originally intended on using a lot of shadow on my bottom lid, but I couldn't resist adding an ombre line. I began by applying Fast-Ball to my inner corner with my Dual-Ended Crown Brush, then blended it into Grasshopper with Real Techniques' Brow Brush for a precise finish.

For eyeliner, I grabbed my current favorite liquid liner pen, Skone Cosmetics' Insanely Intense Tattooed Eyeliner in Jet Black, and applied a medium-sized line and wing to my upper lid. I then used Coastal Scents' Xpress Liner to fill in my entire waterline.
After a few swipes of Urban Decay's Perversion Mascara, the look is done! I'd never really played around with green eyeshadow much until this look, and I ended up really loving it with the pink. The contrast between the pastel shadows and dark liner also really make this look pop.
This tutorial is part of Glossier's celebration of Pantone's 2016 Color of the Year, Rose Quartz and Serenity, in their #glossierpink campaign. All participants are sharing how they add a touch of pink to their beauty routine or daily outfits, and you can find the full collection on the Glossier Pink Pinterest board here. Make sure you check out Glossier's selection of beauty products here as well! Aside from the salmon color on my eyes, I added a touch of pink to my lips with the Urban Decay Revolution Lip Gloss in the shade Savage. This is probably the boldest shade of pink I've ever worn on my lips, and I thought it was really fun! I may have to start rocking a pink lip more often.
How do you incorporate pink into your makeup routine? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment